Monday, August 8, 2011

from Jennifer

So I was able to fast yesterday for my family. It was a great experience because I was able to feel like I was with my family all day. It was a great connection! The day was pretty much like any normal day for me as a missionary! It was a great experience to be able to think about my family for the day and focus on us. I gained a testimony of fasting. We are so lucky to know of this knowledge to fast for strength and comfort. Its a power that we receive. I have being learning a lot about Christlike attributes and my favorite one is humility. When we are humble we are opening the door to let Christ into our lives. We are saying that we are willing to do anything the Lord ask us to do. I like fasting because we are humbling ourselves to the Lord. We are abstaining from the things we want and focusing on the things the Lord wants. When we humble our selves and fast we are more open to receive revelation and guidance in our lives. I feel that fasting is a great opportunity to grow spiritually and grow closer to our Heavenly Father. I was able to fast for my family and feel closer to you all. It was a great opportunity and I feel thankful I was able to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment