Friday, July 15, 2011

From Linda

So,

I really hope today was my day, because I fasted. I couldn't access the chart but I'm not computer savvy and it's a gradual work in progress............my computer savviness!!
It was cool to fast on a weekday when everyone is going about their weekly business. I don't do that very often. I kept thinking about all of you knowing (well if today is my day) that I'm fasting for our family welfare this day. I think that kept my hunger pains away. My fast day (if this is indeed my day) came at a time I needed to fast. I found that interesting and I am very humbled and grateful.

Several years ago when my (not so mature.............they are mature now) children would complain about fasting and how hard it was and how hungry they were, I decided to do an exercise and find all of the blessings that have been promised us when we fast. I used my scriptures. I shared them with my kids and passed them around in fast meeting during sacrament.............but lost them somewhere along the way. So, last Sunday I did the exercise again. I thought I would share them with everyone:

AWESOME BLESSINGS PROMISED TO US THROUGH THE FAST

Helamen 3:35 We can be PURIFIED and SANCTIFIED from fasting.

3 Nephi 27:1 Fasting in mighty prayer and fasting can UNITE our family.

D&C 59:13 Our JOY can be full if we have a perfect fast.

D&C 88:118 If we create a house of fasting, we will find a SANCTUARY, a TABERNACLE TO BE EDIFIED BY HOLY SPIRIT. I noticed something in this verse I haven't noticed and I like it.

Isaiah 58:THE WHOLE CHAPTER (IF YOU READ ONLY ONE THING IN MY BLOG READ THIS)
1. loose the bonds of wickedness
2. undo heavy burdens
3. burdens will become light
4. you will feed the hungry
5. your health will spring forth
6. the lord will be your reargaurd (defender)
7. the Lord will hear you when you call upon him.
8. You will be a light to those around you.
9. The Lord will guide you continually
10. The Lord will satisfy your soul in drought (hard times)

11. You shall be a spring of water whose waters fail not.

I'd say this is pretty much the coolest fast I've ever done and I thank all of you for the opportunity. I'm holding fast to the united power we can access from this Fast.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment