Tuesday, July 12, 2011

From Yvonne

I fasted last week. It was a wonderful day, but has been so busy since that I haven’t had a chance to post until now.

I felt the same connectedness that Marika had felt on her fast July 2 and I spent the day thinking of all of you. While I am do not see many of you very often, I know you include my sisters’ and brothers’ children, grandchildren and in two cases, great grandchildren. I love my brothers and sisters and find myself having the same desires for their children and grandchildren that I have for my own.

My prayer was that the Lord would be mindful of you, of your needs and righteous desires. I know that fasting and prayer is not a magic wand we wave in the expectation that all our problems will be solved and all our wishes will be granted, but I also know the Lord hears the petitions of our hearts, spoken and unspoken, public and private.

So while I know the answers sometimes come in dramatic fashion, it is more likely that they will come quietly, often in our hearts as often as before our eyes. I just know they will come.

Thanks to all of you who are fasting each day. I feel like you are doing it in my behalf as well as everyone else’s, both for me and for my children and grandchildren. It is another way in which I feel connected to you.

Yvonne Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment